Thursday, March 04, 2010

2010 03 Are you kidding me!

It's about ten minutes past 6 am and I hear Hannah's voice call out, almost in a panic, "Daaa-dee!  Daaa-dee!"  In the moment it takes me to decide to jump out of bed I think, 'You've got to be kidding me... Alyssa has been lying on our bedroom floor since 5am sucking her thumb really loud and I've had to listen to Ryan push snooze on his clock for the last 45 minutes.'  Throwing back the covers, I rush out to stop her from yelling once more.  Sitting on the floor, I find her with the front door wide open, hurrying to put her black dress shoes on so that she can say good-bye to her daddy...  "Hannah," I try not to sound too annoyed, "Daddy hasn't even gotten into the shower yet..."

The girls get all bent out of shape when they don't get a proper good-bye from their daddy in the mornings.  Finding them throwing open the door as daddy gets into his car is not unusual.

No comments:

Post a Comment