Monday, September 23, 2013

We miss our next door neighbors...


Our dear, sweet neighbors left today for a cross country move back to New York.  We are all sad. Hannah, however, had an especially difficult time dealing with their departure.  She was sobbing as they got into their truck, not able to even give them one last hug, and stayed off in the shadows as Alyssa and I waved good-bye from the curb, watching them drive off into the distance.

Hannah was not to be consoled, sobbing loudly, and often reaching to the level of a wail.  That is, until momma offered a bit of cream soda and a Magic School Bus DVD.   

It was later at dinner that Hannah took this picture down from the wall, and handing it to me, said something to the effect of not being able to bear seeing Achilles picture right now.  Achilles belongs to our neighbors and is the sweetest dog in the world.  I set the picture down next to me and began to eat again when Hannah asked me to turn the picture over... she could still see Achilles' face... it was too much.  

1 comment:

  1. So sorry for her pain. May the Lord comfort her....(I'm sure he'll use Mommy!) -jennifer

    ReplyDelete